Follow Us @soratemplates

Saturday, March 26

Intimidating TBR Tag


This tag has been going around Booktube for a while now and it's basically all questions about your TBR (To Be Read) pile. Now I have a TBR of about 30-35 books that I actually own physical copies of and I was actually planning on writing a blogpost about all of them (also to motivate myself to read them) and I thought this tag was fun to do as well.

Question Of The Day:
What is the longest book on your TBR?

1. A book on your TBR pile that you haven't finished
I feel like everybody is going to hate me for this, but I could not finish The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. Everybody in the book community seems to love this book, and don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like it, I just picked it up at the wrong time. I was in a massive reading slump and was craving a good fantasy read, but instead I picked up this historical fiction novel. I am planning on picking it up again though, to read the heartbreaking ending everybody talks about (I stopped reading around page 250)

2. A book you just haven't had the time to read for
For this one I'm going to pick The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I really want to read this book, but it's very long and a pretty complicated fantasy read (from what I have heard). Now I LOVE long fantasy reads, but I mostly like to read them during summer break, because right now I have so much work and school and everything that I just can't dive into a 900 pages long beast of a book.

3. A book you haven't read because it's a sequel 
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I own the first two books in the Lunar Chronicles series (which were actually cover lust buys I mean come on who doesn't love these covers, I even got them in hardcover). I know I will like these books, so I bought the second book as well, but I still have to read Cinder...Should get to that soon.


4. A book you haven't read because it's brand new
Gonna go with Lady Midnight by the amazing Cassandra Clare for this one. I am currently making my way through Clockwork Princess, the final book in the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare and right after that I'm going to dive into Lady Midnight. I can't wait!

5. A book by and author you read previously but didn't really like
I'm gonna go with Four by Veronica Roth. I really enjoyed Divergent and thought Insurgent was okay, but then I read Allegiant which I thought was awful and now I kinda don't feel like reading Four. Also, I read all three of the Diverent books a year ago and now I'm just not in the mood anymore, so I don't know when and if I will ever read this.

6. A book on your TBR pile that your just not in the mood to read
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  I got it for Christmas last year because I do really want to read it and I actually did read the first like 30 pages, but it's written in 19th century English, so it will take me a bit longer to read it, so I'll probably end up taking this one with me on vacation or something, so that I can focus on it, because right now I know I won't enjoy it as much as I might will some other time.


7. A book on your TBR pile that you haven't read because it's enormous
I'm gonna pick A Storm Of Swords by George R R Martin for this one. This is actually the same story as with The Name Of The Wind. I love long fantasy book and I LOVED the first two Song Of Ice And Fire books. I did actually start reading this (I'm about 250 pages in), but this book is 1250 pages...That's a lot. I'm gonna wait for the summer holiday, or maybe spring break (which is in May where I live) and read it, because I will love it and want to spend hours after hours reading.

8. A book on your TBR you bought because of the cover
There are actually more than one book I can pick from, which is kind of emberassing...Yes, I judge books by their covers ALL THE TIME, and I love it, bite me. 
I already mentioned Cinder, so I'm not gonna go for that one, instead I'm picking The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E Pearson. This is a fantasy novel about a princess on the run from the prince she's supposed to marry and there's an assissin after her to kill her as well (or something like that) and I know I'll enjoy it, but I have to be honest: I bought the book for it's stunning cover.


9. The book on your TBR you find the most intimidating 
I think I'm gonna pick The Two Towers and The Return Of The King by J R R Tolkien. I read the first Lord Of The Rings book during my previous summer holiday and it took me two weeks to read, because it's written not in a difficult way, but in such a way that it reads kind of slow...I don't know what it is, Tolkien just tends to take like 4 pages to describe the way a forest looks. Because it took me so long to read, I'm quite scared to continue...Though I do really want to because I love Lord Of The Rings

So those were all my answers, I hope you liked this blogpost and don't forget to leave a comment with your answer to the question of the day. We love to read them and it shows us we don't write these blogpost for nobody to read them.

~ Amber 

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend reading ASOIF series in the big floppy soft cover editions. There still big but there all under 1000 pages in that version. And there a lot nicer than the mass market editons.

    ReplyDelete